• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Bumper lights

ABQ_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
It's the simple things that bite me the most, like splicing the ARB lights into my current lights. The extra load causes the blinkers to dim dramatically and blink too quick. If I remove the bulbs from the factory blinkers the ARB lights work fine or vice versa. Or if I turn the light switch on they all work (but easy to forget during the day.) I even replaced the flasher but the problem still seems like a load problem. Has this happened to anyone with an older ('92) XJ?

ABQ_XJ said:
It's the simple things that bite me the most, like splicing the ARB lights into my current lights. The extra load causes the blinkers to dim dramatically and blink too quick. If I remove the bulbs from the factory blinkers the ARB lights work fine or vice versa. Or if I turn the light switch on they all work (but easy to forget during the day.) I even replaced the flasher but the problem still seems like a load problem. Has this happened to anyone with an older ('92) XJ?

I had mine wired in for about 2 months with the same issue...what ya need to do (don't ask me how, I dunno LOL0 is to either set them as parking lights OR flashers...not both.

I just un wired them because i started cooking bulbs...

i put in a smaller bulb in my. it still confuses the flasher but much less. jack

Back