• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with rims purchase

terrehautian

NAXJA Forum User
Stock control arms, I went with the basic kit (I will upgrade eventually from this kit, just wanted to get started) and I don't know how to adjust steering stops.

they are the bolts on the bottom of the steering knuckle with a nut welded to them. You can replace the bolt and nut and adjust it. An after market control will give you a stronger arm, better steering and steering response as well as more clearance for tires. If you want to do it on the cheap WJ lower control arms will work with some modification to one of the bushing sleeves. They aren't longer than stock though.

Extending the steering stop length by adding the necessary amount of washers fixed mine. My 97 with 31s and JKS arms required 2 washers on each stop so the tires mounted on OEM aluminum wheels would not contact the lower control arm. An easy, cheap, and effective fix.

My rims are crap, so new rims would be the next step for me.

I got my steel wheels from Americans tire ( discount tires ) same company for around 50 each. Not sure where your located but if you have one of these tire places they are good and cheep.

The nearest discount tire is 50 miles away. I will probably go with 4wd ones with the discount code.

Back