• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

J shaped air box hose?

Gray XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 6 cyc, 4.0. Does anyone know where to find the J shaped vacuum hose that goes from the air box to the rest of the vacuum harness? My junkyard has nothing and is all I can find online is the hole harness for 30 bucks.

Friendly Local Auto Parts Store e.g. NAPA, Carquest, etc. And I assume he means the hose to the airbox. I was looking for the elbow at the other end of that hose that goes into the valve cover & I never found it. $14 at the dealer for a damn plastic elbow, doesn't even have a check valve or orifice (grumble mutter)

Renix Vacuum Harnesses

The vacuum harness that attaches to the front of the valve cover and includes the grommet/fitting, and is called the front harness, is Napa part number BK 715-1367

The vacuum harness that is closest to the air cleaner, EGR etc, and is called the rear harness, is Napa part number BK-715-1366.

The tube from the rear of the valve cover to the intake manifold is part number 715-1365.

Revised 09-11-2012

Back