• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lock right ?

bigpun

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a used lock right for my 8.25, my question is that it has 1 thrush washer on the drive gear part for each side, do I use the thrush washer that came in my rearend also or discard them?

AFAIK, lockrights don't come with thrust washers, that's probably from the carrier it came out of. You can get the instructions for installing it online. http://www.google.com

I read the instructions online but they weren't it didn't say if the thrush washers were included. But if the lock right doesn't come with thrush washers then that answers my question..

Yes use the thrust washer that's on your spider gears. Lock rights don't come with them

The powertrax no-slip shipment icludes a check block that you use to see if the two halves of the locker are within tolerance with respect to how far apart they are after the locker has been installed. Since lockrite is also made by ptrax I would presume you will also be instructed to undertake this procedure.

If this presumption is correct then the results of the check procedure might tell you whether the thrust washers should have been installed. If the gap between locker halves is too narrow and the washers were installed then maybe reinstall without the washers. Too wide then reinstall with washers.

Back