• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Change from 3.5" lift to 4.5" lift

Tobtech

NAXJA Forum User
I am starting the parts hunt to go from my 3.5" to 4.5" lift. I have a mix of parts, please help me with what all I will need to go to 4.5.

Here is what I currently have:
RE 3.5" coils
RE 3.5" leaf springs
Pro Comp LCA (non adjustable)
RE discos
Currie adjustable trac bar

For the front I plan to swap the coils with 4.5 and new bump stops and replace the fixed LCAs with adjustable. Possibly add UCAs as well.

For the rear, can I get the extra 1" with shackles? What are the best choice for that?

Then I will need a SYE or TC drop or both and possibly brake likes. I have the extended rear line and I relocaed the front.

Anything else? Thanks!

For the Rear you can use the relocation brackets to get the lift you need, Plus a better ride from it. Go with both Upper and lower arms.You'll be happy you did.Stronger than stock.

HTH

3.5 is a great lift height for 33's fwiw.

Thanks for all of the input. I just dont want to cut that much. I have had the Jeep for 5 years with 3.5" lift and 31s, just time for a change.

RE 4.5 springs are only about 90$/shipped from serious. Probably the most inexpensive solution, minus finding a deal on used. Otherwise, I would consider JKS or Currie ACOS, so you can get the lift you want and fine tune both sides.
Definitely go for the shackle relocation brackets, even if you go with different shackles. They will help keep your shackle angle good.
IIRC, the Currie TB is still run in single shear like stock. I would recommend something that is double sheer mount on the frame side. Such as, IRO (probably the least expensive of aftermarket), RE 1660HD, Clayton, TNT, Ironman4x4fab, etc.

There are a few charts around here/interwebs that have the approx length recommended for short arms/lift. SO, I recommend looking at that and determining if your lowers will still be correct.
If they are very close/good, and you cannot afford adjustable upper/lowers get a nice set of upper, for meow.
If you can afford both, go for it. At anything above 3.5 I definitely would consider either CAD brackets, or mid/long arms.

I believe the RE LCA's are the same for their 3.5" and 4.5" lifts. That being said, I'm running the 3.5" springs and the LCA's still look a tiny bit short.

I think the 4.5" kit also uses the same rear springs and just adds a 1" shackle.

Don't forget that you may need longer shocks & brake lines.

Back