• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colby, KS

RedHeep

NAXJA #1499
Wife and I will be there Sat, Oct 5 for the overnight before driving through to Moab on Sunday. Rumor has it El Presidente's convoy may show as well.

Any of you guys that are going east to west and looking for somewhere along the interstate to stay before the rest of the way through CO, that's where we'll be. A few hotels and fast food joints are there and it's nice to have a group headed through the passes in case something happens.

It's 8.5 hours driving from there to Moab.

Jason and I may shoot for that. we were planning on driving 12-13 hours that day which would put us around there.

Made my reservations for Colby, KS at the Quality Inn on the 5th.

mac 'coming up soon!' gyvr

Evansville, IN on friday night the 4th.

I'll be in B-town at Pmain's the night of the 4th.

mac 'see you on the road...driving' gyvr

I can get to Cali in 2.5 days yet I take 2.5 days to get to Moab and its 800 miles closer.

The Cali trip is LONG days on the road. We average 900+ mile days.

mac 'Cali burned me out for the entire year of road trips' gyvr

It's 12 hours to Evansville on our first day, but we'll make it work. I thought about stopping sooner, but I don't want sunday to suck.

When I went to the 25th event,I stopped there too for the first night.Believe it was a shorter distance for me about 600 miles.Then Abline,KS.Silverthorne,Co. and Grand Junction,Co.Then back way into Moab.Had the time to take my time and enjoy the trip and side trips.
Wish I was going again.... hope there,s a 35th.

Josh, what kind of speed do you run on the highway and what time are planning on getting there?

We might make this work, it would be a 15 hour drive for the day but it's possible.

I run 5 over. It's about 11 hours driving for me, so if we get out by 7, we'll get there by 7.

Might get out earlier, but it depends on how day 1 goes.

One week from tonight!

mac 'I run 70 mph on the hwy' gyvr

I can run 70 until we hit the mountains then it's...well...slower.

We're gonna try and meet up with you guys there.

I sent you a PM.

I sent you a PM.

I do whatever I can do in the mountains myself...and then slower coming down. We will prolly get a bit split up but can regroup after working them.

mac 'hang on engine parts! gyvr

I'll back er down a notch after we get out of Kansas. we plan on running 75-80 the whole way but if we get in with a group we can slow it down.

I sent you a PM.

PM'd you back.

I was towing a two place 5 years ago, so up the mountains was 55-60 without too much EGT.

Google says 8.5 hours from Colby to Moab. I figure with the towing that we can be there in 10-11. Even 12 hours puts us there in the evening, but it wasn't that bad last time.

red 'exhaust brake' heep

Back