• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO2 Tanks

RAM-ROD

NAXJA Forum User
Any of you guys using CO2 tanks that have been to Moab before know if there is a place in town to refill?

Ram" Thank you for the help...MOAB NOOB" Rod

Get it filled before you hit town.

There might be a place there but service in Moab is sketchy at the best of times. It's probably a lot cheaper other places too.

Any of you guys using CO2 tanks that have been to Moab before know if there is a place in town to refill?

Ram" Thank you for the help...MOAB NOOB" Rod

Probably at the local welding supply shop.

Rim Supply
94 W 100 N
Moab, UT

Dr. Moab is correct; it will be more expensive there (if they still have some) then to purchase it before you leave.

Thanks guys. I should be fine with the full one. Just wanted to make sure. I did read the rental place next to 4x4 outpost fills them.

Ram" See you in Moab" Rod

Re: Re: CO2 Tanks

Probably at the local welding supply shop.

Rim Supply
94 W 100 N
Moab, UT

Dr. Moab is correct; it will be more expensive there (if they still have some) then to purchase it before you leave.

Nope rim supply don't fill tanks, your only place is Moab valley oxygen. And they still don't do it in house, 72hr turn around. Sometimes longer.

Well guess I hope I do not have to air up every day then....

slide note what type of pressure are you guys running out there?

Well guess I hope I do not have to air up every day then....

slide note what type of pressure are you guys running out there?

Totally depends on the size of tire. With my 285-70-17 Duratraks I run about 15. With my old 35's I ran 8.

Also unless you are going on a run where you have to drive a long long ways to the trail (elephant hill for example) I air down and leave them down.

I used to run 18 psi it was a good all around pressure for Moab. Low enough to work on the trails but high enough to travel highway safely. I'd air down when I got there and air up when before I left. Did that for yrs.

I used to run 18 psi it was a good all around pressure for Moab. Low enough to work on the trails but high enough to travel highway safely. I'd air down when I got there and air up when before I left. Did that for yrs.

If Derek does it it must be wrong.

John, both times I've been to Moab, I aired down at the start of the trip and never aired up until...well until I got home because I trailered it out there.

Most of the trails are within 5 or 10 miles from the campground as I recall.

There was one trail we did that was a 20 minute drive...and nothing says fun like going 60mph in a Jeep welded and put together by myself on a set of 39 inch red lable krawlers...

mac 'I wear a seat belt not for the accident, but in anticipation of what part may fall off next' gyvr

My KM2's do fine on the Highway at 15psi. Obviously they will wear funny if you keep them like that for a long time.

Thanks guys..... I run 8 around here but from what I here about the grip out there 12 to 15 is sounding goo I can drive no problem on the road at 20 so that will not take much out of my tank at all even if I do feel the need to air up.

Ram" This is going to be awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome" Rod

Back