• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My JCR DIY front bumper

cburns70

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered a JCR DIY winch bumper a couple of weeks ago. The guys at JCR were easy to work with and the delivery was very fast.

Finally got it finished. Here's some pics.

Its painted Chili Pepper Red Pearl, using the Dupli-color Spray Cans.

I used some spray on "Under Coating" for the bottom, winch area, and inside the wings.

Still need to re-wire the winch, finish painting my modified brush guard and get it mounted.

Oh yeah, and I need to wax the XJ so it will match the bumper.

#1 Modified Brush Guard mounted to the top of the bumper
1000880_148675642005231_1842225691_n.jpg

#2 painted and mounted
1098477_150885348450927_2017285105_n.jpg

Under coating sprayed in Winch Area
1150837_150885611784234_84329968_n.jpg

Was that an Exploder brush gaurd?

Man, I REALLY like how low that winch sits in the bumper,doesn't block the airflow or anything. That actuallly looks like it sits much lower than the older style JCR winch bumper.

I'm still kinda kicking myself for going with the non-winch bumper and getting the hitch mount, at the time I never rode anywhere that I needed a winch but now I'm really regretting it. I'll never use the hitch mount and while it's a nice clean look (very tight to the front with good approach angles) it makes me nervous on some trails.

Mine's chili-pepper red too, I really like that color.

Very nice looking

It looks great! Do you have any other angles? Just trying to get a better idea of what I will end up with when I get done doing the same thing to mine

Back