• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Painting a wench (or winch)

My Warn integrated did the same, only on the solenoid cover. Took it down to bare alum and primed and painted when I did the XJ. The rest of the winch's original coating was fine, just hit it with a 3M scotchbrite pad and heated/painted it.

^this. Last time I was down at my powder coater he was doing that to his winch and it looked good(a 9000i) now I think I'm taking all 3 of mine down there to get done.

^this. Last time I was down at my powder coater he was doing that to his winch and it looked good(a 9000i) now I think I'm taking all 3 of mine down there to get done.

Does he know what he's doing? Mike Olesko (BigBear) had his powder coated and the idiot doing it coated the mating surfaces. It wouldn't go back together correctly. If I get mine done I'd at least like someone who had half a clue doing it? If your guy has done a few of them maybe I should pay him a visit.

Ya he does, at least as far as I know. He does all my works powder coating as well as all of tuff country's powder coating plus a few other big Utah names. Plus he's really good priced. Now if you want a perfect 100% flawless job done, and don't mind paying for it armor coatings do an excellent job at everything they do. But their prices are sky high.

when i cleaned up and clocked the M8000 going under my rig i gave it a decent sanding and then coated it with rustoleum hammered grey and black... then a few coats of clear. doesnt look perfect but hey its going behind the crossmember anyway. theyre not hard to disassemble if you do decide to powdercoat it.

Ya he does, at least as far as I know. He does all my works powder coating as well as all of tuff country's powder coating plus a few other big Utah names. Plus he's really good priced. Now if you want a perfect 100% flawless job done, and don't mind paying for it armor coatings do an excellent job at everything they do. But their prices are sky high.

Mind giving me his contact info?

Back