• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Install Help Needed- Mystery Washer

paddlernate

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I've been working my way through my SYE install during the evenings this week, and have a great example of why its better to do these jobs in a single day. I've got a washer that I can't identify where it belongs. I don't remember taking it out! It may have just fallen off of a shaft when I was taking the internals apart. Using some deductive reasoning, I think it belongs underneath/behind the front output yoke. Can you guys tell me where this washer goes?

It goes on after the snap ring and before the slinger. Some cases have them some don't. Chrysler discontinued it.
This is correct. 96 and later tcase right?

Stock setup, you put the snapring on to hold the rear output shaft into the rear output bearing, then the seal, then another snapring, then that washer you have, then press the dust slinger down over it. Its only purpose in life is to give the slinger something solid to seat against. Once the SYE is in, you put that whole pile in the spare parts and scrap bin...

Where was it on your 95? I've never seen one on a 95 since every 95 I've seen has the old style wet slip yoke with no dust slinger.

Back