• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 60 ID help??

95XJ_Cbiscuit70

NAXJA Forum User
found a guy with a Dana 60 front axle assembly on craigslist. He claims its out of a 1994 Ford F250 yet a quick web search showed that the majority of the front axles were Dana 50's. He emailed me a pic of the Ford tag on the axle but I am having no luck confirming its really a 60.
I will be heading over to his place tomorrow to look it over. He bought them for SAS yet needs the money so the price is decent.
Any help is appreciated.
BTW, its the ball joint front end but I am not concerned about that.

bth_axletag.jpg

judging by the fact that it has a tag like that, id say its a 99+ superduty axle. im unfimilar with the numbers but the D50 uses a smaller pinion nut then the D60 version, thats usually a quick way to check in the field. pre 99 D50's were ttb so thats already ruled out, could still be a post 99 D50 though. it should have unit bearings, ball joints, and pretty much no DS tube showing. what are your plans for the axle?

narrowing down for SAS in 2001 Dakota quad cab.
I read about the pinion nut size (1 5/8" for D60 versus 1 1/8" for D50), was hoping someone would be able to translate Ford tag.
Thanks

That "4-3002-FA" is a partial Ford part number, the best I can find is that it might be a 60 from a late model truck like foxwar said.

Ford part numbers are 4 letters and numbers, then 4 numbers, then a couple letters, for instance D8BZ-4241-something is the cross shaft retention bolt for a ford 8.8. If you can find out the other 3 letters/numbers at the start of that part number, you can look up exactly what it is.

Out of curiosity, what's the price he's asking?

Back