• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME 4" Leaf packs

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need to replace my rear leaves. Need ~4" of lift and looking at OME from DPG.

Problem I'm running into is getting either DPG's hybrid pack or the OME 4" pack they now have. Jeep used for crawling, haul tools and camping gear but no towing or anything of that sort.

Anyone run either set and have any comments one way or the other?

I run a set of medium duty leaves with an Extra leaf. rides great and flexes well.

That would be the hybrid pack correct? When talking with Dirk he mentioned the new pack have a small overload spring which I'm not sure I need or want.

That would be the hybrid pack correct? When talking with Dirk he mentioned the new pack have a small overload spring which I'm not sure I need or want.

I would guess that would be what he considers a hybrid pack. I bought packs then an extra leaf from OME.

OME leafs + OME AAL are the exception to the "AAL's fail" rule. Not sure what DPG charges for these, but last I checked on Q-tec OME 2" leafs were about 110/ea + bushings, and not much more for AAL.
OME AAL are specifically made for their packs. So will not make them sag/ride like crap.

OME leafs + OME AAL are the exception to the "AAL's fail" rule. Not sure what DPG charges for these, but last I checked on Q-tec OME 2" leafs were about 110/ea + bushings, and not much more for AAL.
OME AAL are specifically made for their packs. So will not make them sag/ride like crap.

yeah only reason I'm considering it. But OME now has packs that are around the 4" hight. So trying to decide between the OME 4" or the DPG 4" from OME parts. I leaning towards the DPG version as normal OME tends to be made for load carrying which I don't really want/need.

Well, from my understanding most people that run the 2" HD leafs net around 3-3.5+ You could get a set and see where it sits, just add a longer shackle/shackle relocator brackets.

I have the HD OME 2 inch lift packs. They haven't sagged at all since installation but they are a little stiff, but they have an incredible service department and will definitely help you out if you are unsatisfied.

Well got mine from DPG, they discontinued the old style so I had to go with the pack that has the overload leaf. Should have them on this weeked. Interested to see how much lift I'm going to get.

I thought OME were mil-wrapped though, these are not? DPG is closed today. Considering removing the overload leaf. It hangs out a ways and I'm 95% sure I will never need it.

Last I checked, OME were not mil wrapped.

Leaves are on and installed. They are great. Ride is good, they are level to slightly higher in the rear vs the front which is perfect for me.

Springs as they arrived:

IMGP0197.JPG

Over load leaf is way to long and would be a rock anchor so I shortened them.
IMGP0206.JPG

And they were a good 2" taller than the old worn out Tomkens I replaced. The Tomkens were so flat that I didn't even need the clamp, you could compress the leaves together by hand.

IMGP0213.JPG

Anyways I like them and would recommend them. Have to see how they do long-term. DPG was good to deal with.

Will add a pic of the overall Jeep.

Looking at the pics of the new 4" pack, the second leaf down from the main is what OME sells as their AAL.

I'm glad to see that they started doing this. The old packs basically had the main leaf, then what is now your 3rd leaf down bolted to them. This did not give enough support to the main.

My pack failed because of this, in just a couple years of very mild use.

Back