• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock D/S Length for AX15 4x4's?

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Doing a 4wd swap on my 98 XJ. I was thinking of getting an SYE but I'm not at my "final" lift height yet, so I didnt want to spend the bucks on that and a custom rear shaft just to get the rear shaft redone next year. Of course, finding a 5spd 4x4 XJ in the salvage yards has been just as tough as finding one to buy in the first place!

Was curious if anyone knew how long the oem rear d/s is on an AX15 equipped 4wd XJ with the 8.25. I'm at an inch and a half of lift and plan to use the older style t-case thats a bit more forgiving on vibes. My 94 I ran at 4" with no SYE on the stock shaft. I was going to grab one from an auto 4x4 and just get it cut down, seems like the cheapest option.

Also whats the front shaft difference? I've heard its marginal enough that an auto shaft can be used, but I wanted to make sure.

Back