• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine wiring harness 88 pioneer

jcbsr1

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to find an engine wiring harness for my 1988 pioneer automatic.i've tried all junkyards in my area .called dealership it has been discontinued.painless wiring doesn't have anything. i have thousands of dollars into this and i realy need some help!! any ideas? please help. thanks

Look on craigslist or your local classifieds for someone parting out an early XJ--87 through 90 would work.

Your other option is to "roll your own".

One other option: car-parts.com, enter your vehicle info and search--this is an online recyclers' listing.

Also check Ebay.

What is wrong with the one you have?

I think '87-'88 is gonna be your only good choice-- after '88 the firewall bulkhead connector was done away with. Not impossible to work around, but definitely not as easy as a direct swap from the '87-'88.

Before you put it in, cut out the C101 connector and wire it direct. It is a common point of failure and even the factory recommends doing this.

Back