• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 xj lights issue

FreakJeeP

NAXJA Forum User
so my headlights started flickering. i checked all the fuses and everything seemed fine. i replaced the headlight switch and now all i have is high beams. break lights and turn signals. no low beams, park lights, or tail lights, or dash lights. i thought maybe i got a bad switch so i exchanged it for another and same problem. anyone have any ideas?

Since it all worked except for the flickering, put the old switch back in and see if everything still works.

If it does, it's a problem with the new switches, if not, well, something else has gone south and sadly I'm not sure what to tell you.

SOME (quite a few) aftermarket headlight switches are GARBAGE, RUBBISH, TRASH.

I would go with the ECH HL6559 from NAPA.

Try this--pull out the knob all of the way, then move it back in towards the parking lamp position--the detent position--and see if the parking lamps work just a little BEFORE or a little AFTER the detent position. If they do the switch you put in is RUBBISH, GARBAGE, TRASH and take it back for a REFUND, not a replacement.

well I figured out what it was. it was a combination of a fuse being bad and the headlight switch being bad. I guess between switching from the new switch back to the old switch and so on it popped the fuse for the hazards. replaced the fuse and everything worked. I put the new headlight switch back in and still everything works

Back