• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Leaf pack Bushings Gone to crap!

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought some 5.5" HD leaf packs about 1 year ago and the busnings up front slide around and the rears are completely shot.

Anyone else have this problem? I mostly drive my XJ to and from the trail and it see's very little street use outside of that as it's not my DD. Wondering if RE will send replacements ( ::crossing fingers :: ) in for them being on my rig for such a short time.

The rear bushings on my 3.5 RE leaf springs were shot in about the same amount of time. I was too lazy to fix it for about another year after I discovered the problem. RE still sent me new ones instantly once I emailed them; two years after I bought them. Didn't even need to send pictures or anything...so I assume they will do the same for you. :thumbup:

I got my bushings from national spring in el cajon CA. http://www.nationalsprings.com/

the ones he got me are not exactly the same, I had to use a large washer to space the front spring hangar. but because RE uses a special size bushing, he got me ones that would fit in the springs.

RE bushings suck, Here is where I got my replacements, 25K miles (So Far) with no issues.
Here is what I paid last year @ Stengal bros. Less than $30 total for all 4 bushings.
rbbushings_thumbnail.jpg

RB-71 RB-71
$6.59 x 2

$13.18

rbbushings_thumbnail.jpg

RB-121 RB-121
$8.27 x 2

$16.54

bushings in both pairs of my re packs have been fine, the problem is my leaf spring eyes must have stretched out a bit allowing the spring to slide around on the sleeved bushing.

Have any of you guys contacted your vendor or RE?

yes. they wouldn't warranty them. I even had a vendor call them and tell them that they should not have torn like they did and that they should be warrantied.

they wanted 70$ for a set. overpriced as shit.

I got my replacements for about 25$.

RE bushings suck, Here is where I got my replacements, 25K miles (So Far) with no issues.
Here is what I paid last year @ Stengal bros. Less than $30 total for all 4 bushings.
rbbushings_thumbnail.jpg

RB-71 RB-71
$6.59 x 2

$13.18

rbbushings_thumbnail.jpg

RB-121 RB-121
$8.27 x 2

$16.54

I think I'm gonna go with these for the time being, until I can get a quality set of springs and scrap these RE springs.

For What?
This has been an issue with RE leaf packs for a couple of years now & has been well documented on this site & others.
Just search for RE Leaf Bushings & you will understand.
I do understand.

My point is that if you don't contact your vendor or the manufacturer nothing will change. Yes you can make difference if you speak up.

I'll do my bit and point a few folks toward this thread, but a civil phonecall or email from end-users will go a long way as well.

My $.02

For what it's worth here; my replacement bushings I received in October have seen a few months of almost daily use, and still look new. They seemed to be a quality bushing for what I can remember when examining them...

I do understand.

My point is that if you don't contact your vendor or the manufacturer nothing will change. Yes you can make difference if you speak up.

I'll do my bit and point a few folks toward this thread, but a civil phonecall or email from end-users will go a long way as well.

My $.02

I'll have to do this soon. But i dont want my rig down just to prove a point.. grrr...

yes. they wouldn't warranty them. I even had a vendor call them and tell them that they should not have torn like they did and that they should be warrantied.

they wanted 70$ for a set. overpriced as shit.

I got my replacements for about 25$.

Where'd you get yours again?

Back