• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 "Archangel" build

xjmedic89

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys those of you on CF know me as armymedic120. finally got around to creating an account on here, figured i could widen my horizons. anyhow, what i have: stock 98 jeep cherokee, chilipepper red, no mods so far. its my second xj. just picked up a 4.5" rc lift kit, wanted a 6.5 long arm kit but got a good deal on this one. haven't had the funds to get it going yet but things are starting to pick up. more to come.

as of right now 32". I had a set, got for free, but a friend really needed them and it was before i got the deal on the lift. when i go to 6.5" or higher lift, i want to go to at least 35"

realistically you should need more than 5 inches of lift for 35's or whatever. You will soon findout that keeping a lower cog is in your best interest and no matter what size lift you get you will still have to trim.

realistically you should need more than 5 inches of lift for 35's or whatever. You will soon findout that keeping a lower cog is in your best interest and no matter what size lift you get you will still have to trim.

if i stay with the 4.5 i wont go to 35's. i understand about trimming but as of right now i dont have the proper tools for the job.

Trust us when we say stick with 4.5 on 35s. What axles do you plan to run?

Back