• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advise

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
I've recently built a 3 link under the front of my Xj. I installed a waggy 44 with Chevy flat tops. I bought the complete knuckle, spindle brakes and rotor assembly used off a guy going a different route. Well since I've done this I have a bad rattle under the front end. Since I'm running ruff stuff joints everything is transmitting through the floor.

I've had the thing apart multiple times checking and double checking. Everything is Gerry tight with absolutely no play. Only time I can get it to make any noises is when I'm driving. I can lay under the jeep and bang on everything and not get a single sound.

Tonight I was driving and just pressed the brake peddle enough to move the pads but not enough to slow me down and the sound went away. This brings me to my question FINALLY.

With the Chevy calipers has anyone ran into either the pin or the caliper itself getting sloppy enough to rattle? I apologize for the stupid question but I'm at the point that I'm ready to strap a bomb to the bottom of it. I need a fresh perspective.

Thanks for any help possible
Robert

Well XJ Calipers are known to wear down the knuckle-pad riding surface enough to make a big "Click" everytime you step on the brakes; some companies make an add on clip that stops it, some pads come with them.

Wondering if you have the same thing going on. The runout in your rotor is supposed to keep the pads loose enough not to drag (when your calipers don't hang of course) so maybe the same deal?

my ruffstops pop whenever I drive. Anoying as heck figuring how much I spent on them and they are worn out after 200 miles

Back