• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Door Issues ...

RonS Little Sister

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All,

I am hoping that I can get some help here on this. I know we all have, at one time or another, experienced the unlocked door that wont open or the unlocked door that wont close, this one has be baffled. How can I get my jeep doors to lock? Its all power locks and NOTHING works. The hatch locks with a key but thats it. After having my stereo stolen out of my XJ this week, I think its about time I invest some time into fixing this issue.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RonS Little Sister :roll:

You can't even lock them by putting the key in the door?

If that does work, but none of the electric, I'd have to start checking fuses...

Good luck!

Robert

Did you buy the heep used if so the previous owner may have swapped lock cylinders for what ever reason. Or may be someone put superglues in the one that dosent allow the key to enter.

When I put the key in the driver side door, it wont turn at all. When I try to put the key in the passenger side, it will not let me push the key into the keyhole. VERY WEIRD!

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried some of this? http://www.amazon.com/AGS-LE5-Lock-Ease/dp/B000CIJUGA. Pretty sure you can get it at your local Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace. Whatever you have out there. Spray lubs or oils just collect dirt and grime in lock sets and cause all sorts of problems

Last edited:
Does the power actuator pop when you activate the power doors? If it does, then its working and the rods may be disconnected. You'll have to remove the door panels to see. As for the cylinders, its time to get some new ones.

This can happen if the interior lock linkage is bent. To test, un lip the linkage and see if the door locks correctly. To be clear, this is the linkage seen from behind the door panel. It goes from the manual lock button to the actual locking mechanism. The linkage is easy to bend if you don't know how to remove your door panel.

Thx Calixj, I feel very welcomed :)
Markos, thank you and I will take a look at it all. I have pulled the panels off the doors before in order to fix my rear door because it was stuck shut. I did buy this jeep used and have been trying diligently to get it to where I want it. johnnyc, I will check that out also, you can hear them 'locking' when you activate the door lock switch in the jeep but not on the remote entry key fob (which I could care less about). I just really want my jeep to be able to lock. If I have to replace locks, does this mean I have to replace doors?

Back