• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Some Help!!

chacona

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the deal,

I have 90 xj 4.0 6cyl I just took it out wheeling and it ran fine, no problems with nothing. The next morning I get into my jeep and put it in "D" and it barely had any power..all the other gears work fine but when I have it in drive it barely moves and I do not feel anything engaging when I shift it into drive..what could be the problem here?? Any suggestions or ideas would be great...I already posted this on the oem thread and no one got back to me...thanks guys

Have you crawled under there to look at everything shift linkage maybe? Not sure but take a peek around have a second person hold the brake and put it in gear see whats happening if anything. What kind of wheeling malls, rocks , mud ?

Ill take a look at that...we were wheeling in some pretty mellow stuff no mud, no big rocks or anything..we were going around 30mph on some bumpy roads

Just an update...tranny fluid was burned up pretty good so changed that up, checked fuses and everything is good..the throttle cable need an adjustment..after that still the same..tomorrow going to check sylenoids..anymore input would still be good..thanks guys

If you shift it manually and start in 1st does it drive normally? My buddies jeep does the same thing, I was told that when the speed sensor goes bad the trans will not shift normally but you can still shift it manually and it will drive fine. Ask Cal, he is the one that explained it to me.

Check the inline fuse, passenger side under the dash near the TCU computer.

Then the solenoids, and grounds!!!!

Back