• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this a LSD or locker?

89xj 2781

NAXJA Forum User
425770b1-f00e-0947.jpg

How does it act when you drive? When turning in reverse do your rear tires chirp? How about forward? If you lift the rear tires off the ground and place the tranny in neutral, spin one tire. Do they both move at the same time? If you spin one forward them quickly go back does the other go back too or does it not?

LS I can see the spring pocket things on the right. probly not worth having. 14 bolts with a detroit are common and cheep to buy.and no you cant put a detroit in that carrer.

not a guv loc.you would see a spinny thing with some weights and gears

Your thinking of a true track.. the 14 bolts almost always came with a gov lock. Basically its a clutch style lsd that are extremely weak imo I had one in my 72 blazer lasted one trip. Still got the prices in a butter tub u can have a look if u like.
The three or four holes in between the carrier and the ring gear is the spider gears they are on a tri star lookin thing.

Last edited:
Back