• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS LCA's ???

offroadordnance

NAXJA Forum User
While fabbing LCA mount skids, I noticed my LCA's are limiting my droop. I have a Terraflex trackbar installed and theres plenty of clearance left. I'm at 3" of lift and would rather not install drop brackets to keep my arms horizontal. I was looking for a bent LCA and found these. Not a fan of poly bushings. Anyone using these, know of someone that has, etc?

The factory LCA was almost touching the bracket on the axle at full droop. I don't have permission to attach pics or I would. My question is regarding anyone's experience with BDS fixed arms or similiar construction.

Thanks

T

Trim the axle bracket where it hits if you are that worried about it. Many guys have done it. Mine are bent in that same spot from the LCA hitting it, but it doesn't really 'limit' my lift. I'm guessing your shocks would max out droop before the LCA's hit.

I think I have my RE LCA's sitting around if you want em cheap. The bushing tube on the axle end is offset to prevent the contact you are talking about. They do need new lower bushings (http://www.quadratec.com/products/16301_4408.htm), but that'll be much cheaper than completely new control arms.

IMAG0008.jpg

RC3-09006.jpg

Thanks for the info and posting the pics. I have an issue similar to your pic where the bumpstop is too close to the front of the coil. I need a longer arm. I still need to weld my LCA brackets and skids from the inside and while I have the old LCA out, new ones are going in. I mentioned in my original post I'm not a fan of poly bushings due to damage that occurs such as in your pic. Also, I want a bent arm that gets things horizontal again for smoother ride and less stress on LCA mounts. After more research I found Rusty's has 1/2" longer, bent arms for $130 with OE rubber bushings. For $140 they have arms that accept 33 x 12.50 with stock rims, which Are in my future plans. I was going to pay that much for wheels spacers alone. BDS is out of the running and I am very inclined to go with Rusty's.

My pic was with 4.5" springs and a 1" spacer. With 3", you don't need drop brackets and don't really need that much flex haha.

Also, bent arms do nothing but prevent the 'binding' issue that you have with the control arm bracket. They won't smooth out the ride or put less stress on the mounts. The point A to point B is exactly the same with a bent arm as it is for a straight arm. The forces and stresses on the control arm mounts are in exactly the same direction and magnitude. While that arm is more flat towards the axle mount, it's also more angled downwards off the body side mount. The only way to help ride quality is to lengthen the arms or flatten out the plane that passes through the two mounts (i.e. lower the body mount)

Apparently my arms had the crappy batch of bushings from RE that they've supposedly fixed, so they shouldn't crack like that anymore. I have the RE adjustable uppers too. And honestly, I wouldn't buy anything from Rusty's.

Back