• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

While I was gone in Alaska!

89xj 2781

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just thought I would share with you all my experience I had while in the great white north. My wife, kids and I moved to Alaska in April of last year to try something new. I have family there and thought it would be a good experience for us. It was all good till winter time and he had lows down to -60. But in the summer I had the time of my life. My friend owns a charter service and that meant a job and the opportunity to fly all over the state. I saw wildlife and scenery that most people only dream of. I went on an all expense paid trip to the Kenai River for a salmon fishing trip. We went dip netting and got 71 red salmon in about 3 hours and a king salmon trip where I caught a 40 pounder. It was to say the least amazing. Then hunting season came around and I had the opportunity to take my first moose. It wasn't huge but well worth the work it takes to get one. I don't have any pictures of it on my phone but sometime I will try to find them. I did bring the moose rack back with me and have a picture of it.
42577149-9c2d-8910.jpg

42577149-9c47-f101.jpg

Of course since this is the xj forum the heep is in the pics too. Have a great day

Going up through Tok to Valdez, then the Kenai Peninsula then all the way up the Dalton highway via Denali then... At some point I'll start toward home.

Back