• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shortening driveshaft - how much slip?

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Tomorrow, I will be shortening a v8 zj driveshaft so it will work with my sye. How much of the slip portion (which is 3" long) should be showing?

Yoke to yoke measures 33". Should I have the shop shorten the shaft to 31.5" (collapsed) to put it right in the middle of the slip travel? 31"? 32"?

How much does the driveshaft slip when wheeling hard? I have 4.5" of lift or so.

-Kevin

i measured mine with the springs out sitting on the bump stops and made mine a little longer than that. been fine so far. that was for the rear, but same difference since im linked in the rear and have a sye.

Tomorrow, I will be shortening a v8 zj driveshaft so it will work with my sye. How much of the slip portion (which is 3" long) should be showing?

Yoke to yoke measures 33". Should I have the shop shorten the shaft to 31.5" (collapsed) to put it right in the middle of the slip travel? 31"? 32"?

How much does the driveshaft slip when wheeling hard? I have 4.5" of lift or so.

-Kevin

i measured mine with the springs out sitting on the bump stops and made mine a little longer than that. been fine so far. that was for the rear, but same difference since im linked in the rear and have a sye.
That's what he said, he said booby traps, or was it SYE? :D

Back