• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear shocks through floor???

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing longer rear shocks through the floor and building mounts in behind the rear seat, but would like something to seal up the opening from debri and water. Is there any type of boot to create a seal between the shock and the sheet metal?

heres the only pic i got of mine, i did a 4" hole, plenty of room for my shocks

00233.JPG

anyone willing to share pics? I'd like to do this at somepoint with my rig. I'm also curious how big a hole is needed to keep the shock from hitting under flex?

37171_1531682665679_1643138606_1297021_3845949_n.jpg

my old setup. I had an inch of clearance on the frame rail side of the holes and they hit enough to deform the sheet metal a bit but not damage the shock. these were 2.5" body shocks outside the rails.

I do NOT do crawling, that happened just with the rear end cycling over uneven terrain at speed FWIW.

my old setup. I had an inch of clearance on the frame rail side of the holes and they hit enough to deform the sheet metal a bit but not damage the shock. these were 2.5" body shocks outside the rails.

I do NOT do crawling, that happened just with the rear end cycling over uneven terrain at speed FWIW.

Which is why with a 2.5 bypass... you have to cut big ass holes...

a646d905.jpg

The previous owner of my parts jeep had one shock in front of axle and one behind like stock except they were relocated higher. He had a single tube going from wheel well to wheel well. Looking at the other pics in this thread, it is definatatly not built as strong as them. Do you all think it needs more? How are you tying into the sheet metal?

Back