• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tierod Clearance

Super mud

NAXJA Forum User
So I have an OTK setup and looking to change my steering. The current full length straight tie rod still hits the sway bar brackets and etc. a little. It's sleeved and crap so I think if I go to an OEM type it should clear that but the other problem is the trac bar bracket pokes down right behind it at full bump and after I move the axle back where it should be, it may be a big problem. Anyway, I'm looking for ideas on tierods that could clear/modify to clear more and if other people have had similair problems. I was thinking of straightening out one of the bends in the zj one but haven't got my hands on one yet to find out.

Heres a picture to see it's not factory locations so I'm focusing on the steering now. Track bar bracket is stock height so I can't raise it anymore. Also it has less lift now and a bent trac bar
downsize-56.jpg

Ruffstuff has some offeset tierods you could use.

Mine did the same thing ( rusty's ) ended up cutting the spring pad bracket as close to the spring as I could. ( beteween the tie rod & spring bracket. That did the job, I have full steer.

Back