• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it 100% necessary to run coil isolators?

it'll make more noise and wear the paint and galvanization off the coil towers eventually, so say hello to your old friend rust... other than that, not really. The coils are also sized to fit around the flange on the isolators, so they'll probably slide back and forth and make some really odd noises while flexing on the trail.

A half inch isn't really that big a deal, I'd just leave it personally.

I recently removed the 2" coil spacers that I had on the front of my Jeep. I don't have any stock isolators to go back on yet. I've been wheeling a couple times without them. It's noisey as crap but the Jeep didn't fold in half.

I seriously doubt you're going to notice a difference.

If you remove them anyways, how about ship them to me.

Just clunkier on the road. But really, does a half inch make that much difference...my wife says it doesn't

My preferred method of losing half an inch of lift is putting a ~80 pound front bumper and/or winch on (assuming 160lb/in springs.)

I already have a bumper and a winch.
I have Rustys 8.5" coils, already trimmed... They're 180lb rate,
I honestly don't think my winch will make them squat much at all.

Yeah, 1/2"-3/4" actually does make a difference when fine tuning your suspension
travel, ride height and driveshaft angles.

I think I'm just gonna trim the coils a bit, re-pig tail the bottom rung, and leave the stock isolators
In place. Thanks

9f6a4849.jpg

Last edited:
Back