• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S & J Engines Stroker Long Blocks? Anyone had an Experience?

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I came across this long block while looking around at motor options for the tired XJ...

https://www.sandjengines.com/rebuilt-auto-engines/JEEP/CHEROKEE/_/AMC-288LB-1/10626

Anyone had an experience with these guys, or know anything on the specs and parts used? I am going to shoot them an email tomorrow and see what they have to say but I figured I would see if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with them.

Thanks
Brian

p.s. seems like a great deal!

go back, and scroll to the 4.7 strokers...

You get what you pay for. For a few hundred dollars more, you can get a custom build stroker from Bishop-Buehl racing engines (owned by a Naxja member, not a sponsor here but if you call him up, he'll give you a deal).

Russ Pottenger
Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Fax (626) 967-7836
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email [email protected]

Cal: good info man!

Part # AMC-288LB-1
Description: OHV, 6-CYL
4.0L 6-Cyl Zero Balanced Stroker
Engine Size: 288/4.7

engine in link says 4.0 stroker?

ive noticed this, you just need to click back and view the listing.. The warranty is promising, however i havent found a mention of types of parts used. I still need to email them... writing an appellate brief keeps me busy...

ive noticed this, you just need to click back and view the listing.. The warranty is promising, however i havent found a mention of types of parts used. I still need to email them... writing an appellate brief keeps me busy...

The warranty isn't really all that promising, but is about all an engine builder can really do. If you eliminate anything oiling related, and eliminate piston scuffing, and eliminate anything detonation or overheating related, what's left? They forgot to tighten a rod bolt? And to get any warranty, you must pull the long block and ship it back to them for inspection, which is understandable, but that adds to your overall cost. Plus, you must have a shop do a a mixture analysis for the warranty to be in effect, which is a good idea but also adds to the cost. It's a smart warranty on their part, and most likely assures they will stand behind the motor, and smart to get the mixture checked, but I don't see the warranty as a large advantage.

I'd buy from them because you talk to them and are comfortable with what they will build for you.

Back