• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Key chime stuck on

seasoned_geek

NAXJA Forum User
1990 Wagoneer LTD.
4.0 AW4

(basically Cherokee with woodgrain and towing)

Chime/buzzer module stuck on. Yes I know how to unhook it, I want to _FIX_ it.

Replaced the keylock and tossed out the key-in-ignition sensor. Chime still stuck on. No lights on dash or other indicators as to what problem could be. Chime stays on with engine off and door closed.

The driver's door switch has not been replaced, _but_ it correctly operates the dome light.

I have been having a passenger recently so that seat belt has started to be used. Is it "possible" there is anything wired to the passenger seat belt which could set off the chime?

I'm really befuddled. I doubt the chime module itself is bad since it appears to be a peizo speaker with a lot of different power paths. I don't know what else could be setting it off.

I have yet to go so far as to replace the ignition module at the bottom of the steering column. Do you really think THAT could be causing it?

Back