• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar VS Aftermarket motor/tranny mounts?

Boost_Retard

NAXJA Forum User
Are Jeep aftermarket mounts as bad as my old volkswagen aftermarket mounts were?? i still have the option to buy factory mopar mounts for my 01, at a steep price of course.

just giving the jeep a once over, replacing everything thats showing some wear.. just about to do the tranny and motor mounts.. dont really want to be doing them again in 6 months if i can avoid it.

and i am keeping everything rubber mounted.

thanks

Aftermarket for out XJ's is pretty awesome. For MM's with rubber bushings I recommend BrownDog. And as far as I know the aftermarket trans mounts are good as well.

Last edited:
Jeeper John does some BA motor mounts. I think there is a post around NAXJA about them.

i went with the browndog motor mounts. the construction is *beautiful* and can not seperate like the factory mounts. radiator stays much safer! i went with the poly option since my rig is wrecked and the radiator is rather close to the fan even with good tight mounts.

Jeeper John does some BA motor mounts. I think there is a post around NAXJA about them.
He only makes them with poly mounts. OP said he wants rubber. Otherwise I would have suggested JJ also.

yes i agree those browndog mounts are lookin very good right about now, and i might end up with a rubber set of them,

but as far as stock replacment goes, especially the trans mount, brands like anchor and DEA, and then there are the Crown parts..pretty much any brand i would run into for a aftermarket rear trans mount, how do they compare to stock? you guys have it good in the USA for cheap aftermarket parts, i go to my local auto shops in Canada and they want to charge me 25 bucks a mount (plus taxes), after my discount, for the same brand (anchor) that i can get for 7 bucks online, and i know the guy sellin it at 7 bucks is making a profit, it was almost frightning to see how bad i get ripped off shopping local, and how cheap the parts that i could be installing, actually are..

something just does not seem right about 7 dollar mounts, my 01 trans mount costs fair chunk more but still its peanuts compared to local prices.

are the factory motor mount brackets a problem to the point where i should be looking at a browndog full meal deal? my stock stuff is holding on fine at the moment, but the jeep is pretty new to abuse, and im pretty new to the jeep thing, so i dunno if its a common thing to fail or not.

it looks like i should get some brown dog rubber mounts and a stealership mopar tranny mount, heaps more cash than the cheap mounts but i would bet that i wont be dealing with mounts again any time soon.

Don't even waste your time with stock motor mounts. They are pretty much just a chunk of rubber with a metal strap around them. The brown dogs are very popular and m.o.r.e makes some nice one called bomb proof mm's.

are the factory motor mount brackets a problem to the point where i should be looking at a browndog full meal deal? my stock stuff is holding on fine at the moment, but the jeep is pretty new to abuse, and im pretty new to the jeep thing, so i dunno if its a common thing to fail or not.

it looks like i should get some brown dog rubber mounts and a stealership mopar tranny mount, heaps more cash than the cheap mounts but i would bet that i wont be dealing with mounts again any time soon.
If you have the $$$, go all out with the BD bracket and such. Otherwise, should hold up fine. Can always order them later if you want.

The factory engine side brackets are fine if you're just wheeling.

A few have busted them from racing and putting them through stupid abuse.

The real problem area is the passenger side lower bolt boss in the block is unsupported in the early years. They improved upon it in the later years (96+ I believe).

If you take those off, make sure you loctite the bolts going back in.

Back