• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor Mount Install Help

abzrocka

NAXJA Forum User
So I've got the old mount out but I'm having problems getting the new one to line up. To get it to drop in I need the engine to move back. I can rock it from side to side but can't get it to move back. Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks Much.

How far off is it? Year model, engine?

92 4.0. Prolly off about a 1/4 inch or so.

I remember hearing something about attaching a ratchet strap and ratchet it back. But I do not know where or how I should attach it.

how are you lifting the motor?

I just did mine last month and had the same problem. I had to to remove the two trans mounting bolt on the cross member, that will give the 1/4 you need.

x2 on the big pry bar.
Stock style isnt too bad, but when i switched to browndogs, they were so snug, it became quite the one man balancing act/ instances i was wishing for a tail.

I would loosen as many mounts and cross braces as you can. I don't think you want to have any pre-loaded force on your engine mount as when it starts moving from driving something might snap.

Also on my TJ I moved the floor jack a lil as to take off any preload.

I was installing the brown dogs and followed their instructions so the trans mount bolts were taken off. I ended up just moving the floor jack around until I could get the mount to plop in. It took a little time but once the "sweet spot" is found its a breeze.

Back