• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ten years.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Yep that's right! This will be the 10th year of "The Crawl!" Post up pictures of past crawl's and lets see what I can steal for a shirt! :shhh:

That doesn't include when it was XJ Fest does it?

It must, I do not think Harlan has been around 10 years yet, I went to the grand opening event there

So what was the event in 2001 at Tellico?

Me and Nate towed our stuff down there.

045.jpg

mac 'am I predating the crawl?' gyvr

xj fest IIRC..... That was the one in the JP mag wasn't it!

Yeah, it was XJ Fest in Tellico in 01. I fried my clutch on day one and rode with Dan one day and Woody the next. Caught a ride to Nashville with someone heading to Indisnapolis, then drove the ZJ down to fetch the XJ.

Good times.

Man look at those gas prices.

Pre-Sept 11 era that we lived in...

I had rolled mine 3 months before the event.

That was also the event where stevick rolled his tires down the mountain to get air cause they burped it out and one ran over nate's truck, busting his windshield and causing him to almost get run over by his truck...someone else rolled that weekend too...

And I want to come down there again...to wheel with the se chapter :eeks1:

mac 'total thread derail' gyvr

Pre-Sept 11 era that we lived in...

I had rolled mine 3 months before the event.

That was also the event where stevick rolled his tires down the mountain to get air cause they burped it out and one ran over nate's truck, busting his windshield and causing him to almost get run over by his truck...someone else rolled that weekend too...

And I want to come down there again...to wheel with the se chapter :eeks1:

mac 'total thread derail' gyvr

OMG never realized that was Nat's truck that got hit by that tire. That was slick rock from what I remember of the story!

Ok we need some pictures in this thread Damnit!

Tellico05001.jpg

Tellico05005.jpg

Tellico05Jackie077.jpg

Tellico06280.jpg

Tellico06164.jpg

Harlan122.jpg

Harlan098.jpg

Next set!

ledge3.jpg

harlan007.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

OMG never realized that was Nat's truck that got hit by that tire. That was slick rock from what I remember of the story!

yes and yes.

That was also the year that we went and checked out that campground on the other side of trail 1. I think following years ended up staying there.

mac 'i was there' gyvr

xj fest IIRC..... That was the one in the JP mag wasn't it!

00 was the JP year, or first year. Titled Cherokee Uprising.

I rolled on Guardrail, Bones spent the night on the mountain, Jeff A babysat my son, Beezil showed in a CJ-6, JNJ, Eshan, Bloose, Scott Mac, Eric T, Ron, great campfires that trip.

929486770208_0_BG.jpg

Lower 2 I think. Lots of tire smoke and skinny pedal that day. that was right after Travis' boy told me I wasn't going to make it without lockers. I wish that the video taken that day could be found.

149276770208_0_BG.jpg

Not sure where this was.

Tim, being Tim.
http://youtu.be/SZQEw3YyGbY

me bagging on it in Lions Den.
http://youtu.be/gTn5Fmr3Nvo

Thanks to Nick (HanaXJ) for the videos. More to be found in his channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xjwheeling

Edit:
and I was trolling through the old threads for more pictures and came across this gem of wisdom.
87manche said:
you don't need body protection to bounce off rocks, just a heavy right foot and no regard for sheetmetal.

at least I'm consistent.

Last edited:
10 years and you still don't know how to wheel! :D

the day you drop that pretty jeep into the hard stuff and wheel the piss out of it you get to comment on my driving ability.

I'm fairly certain it is me who he is refering to. :woohoo:

the day you drop that pretty jeep into the hard stuff and wheel the piss out of it you get to comment on my driving ability.

I was talking about Glenn! :D And yeah I know, I don't wheel hard but if you guys get me a truck and trailer...I'll consider it! :laugh3:

Back