• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Rear Wiper Switch/Motor

mistertwister68

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so my rear wiper switch has only had 2 positions ever since I've owned it. Off and wash/wipe when I hold it all the way down. Is this normal? I've heard it should be a 3-position switch. About a month ago the sprayer stopped working, only the wiper would move back and forth. So I bring it in to my mechanic (it's winter here and I dont have a heated place to wrench on things) and he looks at it and now my rear wiper does not work either. Any ideas? Could this all be in the switch even though the wiper was working for a while when the sprayer was not. Now neither work.

Thanks!

My switch was busted (wouldn't latch and run the wiper constantly) when I bought my 97 in '02; the pumps lasted until fairly recently, although I've replaced both pumps in the last few years. Don't know about the longevity of the wiper motor; mine is still working fine.

Back