• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG KM2

YES. ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH THE KM2 AND ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY THEY SUCK SO ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE PUT REVIEWS ON THEM JUST USE THE SEAR.CH FUNCTION AND YOU WILL FIND THAT EVERYONE THAT OWNS THE KM2 LIKES IT AND EVERYONE THAT DOES NOT OWN THE KM2 LIKES THE KEVLAR AND STUFF K?

scott be nice.

mfx, there are a lot of reviews on them and they seem to be great. you should make a run sometime with us and see some in action. when they are siped they tend to do even better. it wouldnt be a bad choice if you bought them for sure.

5554-brick_tamland_quot_anchorman_quot.jpg

but seriously, My KM2's are the best tires I've ran. I can't tell you how they are in snow but i'm guessing they do ok. MT's aren't the best in slick conditions obviously but I like everything about my tires, especially how smooth they are on the highway.

I like mine did good in the snow and good on rocks.... BTW its kinda frowned apon to type in all CAPS LOOKS LIKE YOUR YELLING ; )

I took my half worn KM2's off because they are downright dangerous in the snow. They have no lateral traction. If you are on a shelf road and start going sideways you very likely might die.

X2 on the half worn KM2's in the snow. I run them spring, summer and fall, but in the snow months I switch to Yokohama Geolander AT's on my stock wheels for the street. The BFG's did do well in snow on the trails if it was real cold and the snow was dry.

Last edited:
I only drove on a set for like a week, but they tended to slide off rocks a lot more than my Coopers or TSL's. They were not as bad as claws, but they were not the best.

My dad's old KM1s were scary on slick and icy roads. They were decent offroad / aired down in the snow. So.. Assuming KM2s are similar I'd say they're decent offroad in the winter, but stay off the roads!

Another note: they were like this after they wore down about half way. His current pro comp extreme all terrains are awesome in the snow though! My BFG A/Ts are ok in the snow on and offroad. I'm looking at some Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs for my next set of tires. I'm pretty sure that's what DrMoab runs now.

:peace:

I have 33x12.50 KM2s and while I don't get to drive in the snow very often down here in the south, I did get about a week to drive around last January when we had our "big snow storm" that shut Atlanta down for nearly a week. I was the only one who could really drive around for about 3 days in my area but they did really well in my opinion. I pulled out a couple of cars one of which had to be pulled up a steep grade and was a 2wd Pathfinder and I didn't slip hardly at all. I'm not afraid to tackle anything with my KM2s and that is after 2 years with them.

I have them on my WJ. Here's a picture from last year's storm of the decade in the sierra's. I was worried about them in the snow, given a lot of negative feedback I had read, but they did surprisingly well even on my heavy pig WJ. The snow I was driving through was maybe a foot deep at best, but they cleared themselves out pretty well and I couldn't do very good 4 wheel donuts on the icy stuff. :-( It dumped for about 48 hours straight and we were right in the middle of it. I actually thought they did better than my original MT/R's that were on my XJ. I had about 10K miles on them at the time. I'll probably get about 35K miles out of them on my DD WJ. Just my .02. Here's a pic:

2011-02-25_13-02-24_525.jpg

and the snow was dry.

Where does this snow fall? Around here its always wet snow and gets my pants soaked...

I bought my KM2's last winter brand new, they were amazing. Waaaay better than my 3/4 worn out BFG MT's. But as time will tell with about 6000 miles on them we will see how they do this year (if it ever snows in the Salt Lake valley this year, so far zero on the ground)

Where does this snow fall? Around here its always wet snow and gets my pants soaked...

I bought my KM2's last winter brand new, they were amazing. Waaaay better than my 3/4 worn out BFG MT's. But as time will tell with about 6000 miles on them we will see how they do this year (if it ever snows in the Salt Lake valley this year, so far zero on the ground)

The winter Paragon Off Road Park was closed it had snowed and the temp that morning was in the single digits. That = very dry snow. I could climb trails better than if there was no snow at all.

It's not the traction that's the issue. They were only a problem for me on off camber shelf roads. They grip great going in a straight line. It's the sideways stuff where they will kill you.

You might check out the Wrangler Duratracs. They are supposed to do pretty well in just about everything (though they supposedly have pretty weak sidewalls, so no rocks...).

i love mine. no complaints on any surface. close to 55k miles on them and still have usable tread. i expect to run them on my daily driver til summer.

Back