• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removable doors. Light?

franeich

NAXJA Forum User
I have a stupid question. When you remove your door from your cherokee what do you do about the interior lights. Seems to me without doors they would always be on.

When you close your door there's a pin that gets pushed in. That pin has a plug on the back side that you disconnect

I just superglued the button while pushing it down. Now the light never turns on unless I want it to. Doors on or off

I had removed the factory fog lights from my 88 about a year ago but had never removed the dash switch for them. When I did my doorless mod this summer I pulled that switch, removed the factory wiring from it and spliced it into the circuit for the door plungers.

all of these solutions involve disconnecting multiple door connections...
why didnt anyone suggest simply pulling the fuse?

I ran a seperate feed for my aux radio power and then put that fuse on a switch SO... when i pull my doors i flip a switch and the lights go off...

also really handy to turn the interior lights off during interior cleaning and maintenance

I used a couple of screws and metal plummers tape.This way i could run my tube doors or no doors.But now i just run half and full doors.I like having speaker in the front and keeping out some dirt.LOL

Back