• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

setting caster

slow50

NAXJA Forum User
im going to do an allignment my self using an angle finder. but i got one question when doing the caster should the yoke of the front diff be pointing up or down? thanks.

if your caster is close to correct i believe your pinion should be angling slightly up if not directly at the transfer case....thats where i will start with mine...

ok im going off this write up http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAlignment.htm and on the angle finder the angle can go either way so i got a little confused.
There are two machined flat spots on the front of the differential housing, one on each side of the cover.
I sit the angle finder's magnetic edge on one of them, with the angle finder pointed up and down, perpendicular to the axle.
Once you have your reading, use Go Jeep's chart to determine you caster.
With a lot more difficulty, you can directly read the caster off the top of the upper ball joint.

Back