• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country 6.5 long with 1.5 inch spacers

Monster3663

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting a 6.5 Long arm kit on my 1990 xj. The instructions tell me how long to make the control arms for standard kit. Does anyone have any idea on how the coil spacers will affect that. Should I extend the control arms more than the instructions say to compensate?

Last edited:
Those coils alone are going to net you 7"+. Then you plan to add 1.5" on top of that? Way way to much lift IMO. I went from the 4.5 kit to 5.5 and lengthened my lowers 1/4". With that much lift, castor and pinion angle will be very tough to get dialed in. I would skip the spacers.

If your planing or using stock steering with that much lift... I would be ready to be sadly mistaken. Your drag link angle will be to steep and get no droop without wanting to tear itself apart. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I wanted the extra lift for the bull bumper and winch I'm going to add. I do not want my jeep to look like a XXXX roach with the tail up. The steering is all upgraded the only stock part are the tie rod ends.,

Back