• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine swap ran into a snag.. Linkage

Pyro1.3g

NAXJA Forum User
Started pulling the motor this weekend. Everything was going smooth and no problem until I ran into a bolt on the inspection plate thats someone put a shit ton of locktight on. Heat & PB blaster and still managed to round the head off. Thats what i get for thinking it was going really smooth ...

So I figured why not go back to my orginal plan and pull everything as a unit. It needs cleaned up and seals replaced in the trans and transfer case anyway.

what is the trick to the popping the transfer case linkage free? I tried popping the ball & socket on the arms. no luck they come part way but then I run out of room. I am already using the longest screw driver I have.

getting hung up on such a simple thing....

Those linkages can be a PITA, but they do come apart. You might be able to use a large set of slip-joint pliers to force the ball through from the back side.

You could always try removing the pivot bracket from the body, and deal with it out of the vehicle

What all are you swapping? Ax-15 and BA-10 use different pivot brackets fwiw

got it.. I undid the adjuster bolt and lowered the Transmisson and transfer case and with the fron of the engine up I just gave it a tug and it all popped free. probably not the best way, but it worked.

Back