• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Measuring and Adjusting Camber

lostcreek21

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I wanted to know if any of you know how to measure and adjust the camber of my front wheels. It's an 87 with 3 inches in the front. I just got new tires but it seems like my camber might be off just a little bit. thanks for any help

Uh, camber? It's a solid axle, and non-adjustable (effectively, anyway.)

Or do you mean caster?

If you've lifted 3" and haven't changed the caster adjustment at the rear of the lower control arms, then, yes, your caster is off.

And, if you've just lifted 3", your toe-in will be off, far to much inward toe.

GoJeep and a couple of other folks have the alignment stuff on their websites.

I'd say drop the bucks and have an alignment shop do it for you.

Allright thanks. i lifted my jeep about a year ago and did get an alignment but I just got new tires and I was wanting to put a 1" spacer in the front to make it 4" total. i was wondering if I had to get new lower control arms or could I stick with stock? thanks

I started with a 3" lift years ago, added a spacer with stock length Rancho control arms. Just get it aligned at a good shop and call it a day. Juice

sometimes the new tires will give the impression that you have more camber - especially if they are taller. The camber hasn't changed, it's just that your eyes are fooling you.

Back