• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My other money pit

Neat little roadster!

Yeah, the older they get, the worse it gets. My '46 Oldsmobile is getting bad like that too. If the part exists, it's expensive and many times, decades old.

I imagine your issue is compounded by the fact that most parts exist over the big pond and shipping just adds to the expense.

But, sometimes the fun of it all is in the hunt! :thumbup:

If you ever bring it to a M&G.... be careful where you park it...... it could get mistaken for an RTI ramp....... :gag:

:D

Did those have the straight 6 in them? That's a sweet little British Sports Car there, I've always dug them. Way cooler than a Miata or S2000.

Did those have the straight 6 in them? That's a sweet little British Sports Car there, I've always dug them. Way cooler than a Miata or S2000.

Thanks. The Spitfire roadsters all had 4 cylinder engines ranging from 1149cc to 1500cc. The made a fastback hardtop version called the GT6 that had a six cylinder engine. Triumph concentrated their larger 6 cylinder engines in a model called the TR6.

Ok, cool. I wasn't sure about the engines. I've always liked those old British roadsters but never researched them too much as I'm too fat to fit inside them. :D

Back