• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW! T&T Rock-Tek Coils & Leaf Springs

Rock Yacht

NAXJA Member #1242
NAXJA Member
T&T has taken the plunge and ordered our own 5.5" XJ/MJ Front Coils and XJ 3.5" Rear Leaf springs! We've started with 5.5" front coils as they're the most popular lift height we've sold over the years. Coils ship powdercoated Hammered Grey.

55inch_XJFrontcoils.jpg

As for the rear, whether it was our 4.5", 5.5" system we used 3.5" leaf springs for their improved ride and ability to flex better over a spring with more arch. To achieve the various heights we used a set of our UBE's, lift shackles or a combination of the two. Leaf springs are painted black and include new bushings.

DSC04791.jpg

DSC04794.jpg

We're offering an introductory price of,

Front 5.5" Coils (pair) - $144.95

Rear 3.5" Leaf Pack (each) - $149.95

No other discounts apply. Price does not include shipping. Coils and leafs are manufactured in North America.

Last edited:
I'm intersested in pairing your leafs with some Bilsteins for my daily driver. It's a 99 2 door with very little armor on 31's, I'm just wondering about the ride. Do you sell a 3"-3.5 coil also? Thanks, JJ .

I'm intersested in pairing your leafs with some Bilsteins for my daily driver. It's a 99 2 door with very little armor on 31's, I'm just wondering about the ride. Do you sell a 3"-3.5 coil also? Thanks, JJ .

We did not order any 3.5" coils at this time but i can offer you a set of RE 3.5" coils for $159.95. As with all springs, they will be stiff at first but once their broke in I think you'll find that they'll ride nicely. We've had good luck with Bilsteins so your looking at a good combination. We did alot of research before ordering these and the company we're getting them from builds alot of OEM springs as well as springs for several higher end suspension manufactures.

We do not make those rates available. We chose a rate that would provide the advertised lift height when running an aftermarket bumper and standard 8-9000 lb winch.

Really? That seems odd, we aren't talking about a super complicated mechanical part here...it is solid core steel wire twisted into a coil. Is spring rate really a trade secret?

I personally won't buy a coil if I can't find its rate somewhere. Can you publish the wire diameter? I can calculate it roughly from that.

Really? That seems odd, we aren't talking about a super complicated mechanical part here...it is solid core steel wire twisted into a coil. Is spring rate really a trade secret?

I personally won't buy a coil if I can't find its rate somewhere. Can you publish the wire diameter? I can calculate it roughly from that.

Just wait for the first person to buy it and take some measurements.

I'm surprised they won't publish this either.

I'll x3 this.

In the market for some firmer 5.5" coils as my RE springs are too soft for my application. I won't be buying anything without knowing the spring rate.

Just wait for the first person to buy it and take some measurements.

I'm surprised they won't publish this either.

I'll x3 this.

In the market for some firmer 5.5" coils as my RE springs are too soft for my application. I won't be buying anything without knowing the spring rate.

It's actually not that odd. RE never published their rates, either does Clayton, several other manufacturers don't as well. Why would you want to, when you've put the time and effort into figuring out your rate why would you want to make it easy for others to access it. We've strived over the years to make/offer high quality components and we've worked to do the same with our coils and leafs. Although, with as many crappy coils as there are on the market today I understand your concerns.

Regards,
Rod

Last edited:
Why would you want to, when you've put the time and effort into figuring out your rate why would you want to make it easy for others to access it.

All it takes is one person to buy your coil and figure out the spring rate then post it online.

It's not like it's something that takes a whole lot of work to figure out, but it's very important to some people when ordering new springs.

Got this from BDS, and a quick call to another vendor produced similar results.

BDS_Coil_Spring_Rates.jpg

I'm NOT bashing here as I'm sure the coils you have are great, but I'm still curious as to the spring rate since I plan on changing out my coils soon and that will determine who I buy from.

All it takes is one person to buy your coil and figure out the spring rate then post it online.

It's not like it's something that takes a whole lot of work to figure out, but it's very important to some people when ordering new springs.

x2 on that one. seeing how tall the coils are and how tightly wound they are, i'd guess theyre in the mid 200 range. iim not sure what kind of 'trade secret' you guys are trying to keep here.... 'i'm running deaver coils, pretty much the most expensive coils for a XJ you can buy, the same coil most jeepspeed racers run. and they'd be more than happy to tell you the spring rate if you called. its progressive, 250/300 lb/in. the 'secret' the racers use to go fast is in the tuning, not some part that comes off of a shelf.

Moderator, please delete this thread as clearly some people cannot take no for an answer and want to continue making an issue out of this.

Thank You

Regardless of the findings of this thread, I still think T&T is a great company and thank them for supporting NAXJA. That said, I'm a little confused as to why you wouldn't want to publish your rates. Until recent years, people just lifted or lowered their vehicles as they wished with little regard to its affect on ride quality and handling. People are beginning to recognize that it's not all about ride height so much as how it behaves at a given height, especially when any aspect of performance is involved. I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys this, but the guy who does mostly low speed rock crawling is going to want a very different spring rate than the guy who does mostly high speed prerunning. Providing your spring rates to customers will tell them what category yours fall into.

Last edited:
I am looking for new coils too, but I need a very stiff coil since my front end is heavy and I want to go faster in the desert. RE coils are too soft, and so were my Rustys coils, these look great but like everyone else we need more information before we can buy them...

-Alex

From a customer standpoint I can understand why doesn't make sense. As a manufacturer we've had several products copied over the years which is bound to happen but it tends to make you a bit selective on the info your willing to provide right away. Right now our policy is that spring rates are unavailable, 6 months down the road that may change, but that is our current policy. Those who need a particular rate need to call up someone like Deaver and order a set of custom springs that fit their needs.

Okay, I'm sure no one including myself intended to crash your thread and make you feel like we were attacking you. We all appreciate your seemingly quality products and support of NAXJA. As you've heard though spring rate is a critical decision as a consumer just as it is as a designer.

How about we meet in the middle so no hard feelings either way? Maybe a range...or a greater than / less than say... 210 lbs/in?

Nobody wants their hard work stolen, I can understand that.

Back