• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

School me on Smart Phones

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It's been said once or twice before that, "TORX has an old ass phone."

Needless to say I've resisted the smart phone movement for some time now, mostly because I'm cheap and haven't seen the need for one. However, I'm starting to come around, but I'm still clueless when it comes to them.

That's where you folks come in. :D

What phone do you have, and what's your review on it?
Who's your carrier, and how do you like the available service?
How big is your data plan, and what would you recommend?
What do you use it for (email, naxja, music, work, etc)?

I still need to chat with the local stores, but I figured NAXJA is just as good for now.

Id say any phone that is 4g capeable and is android os will be good. Plan depends. I have unlimited web and txt and 400 min. I barly evar call any one.
I use my phone for naxja and cl and reserch while at work.
I'm on tmobile. I don't get service when roaming around in woods. But my friend who has verizon dose. When my tmobil contract is up I'm switching to verizon

Go with Android. iPhones are for 12-year-old girls who want to check their MySpace. I bought an iPhone a week ago and returned it three days later, no regrets at all.
I've got a Casio G'zOne commando, its got a cheesy name but its frickin waterproof. And I can search the internet on it. Also, Verizon has the best coverage around

One thing to think about is if you want a slide up screen and a tuch pad or onscreen. Best bet is to go to a stoor and play with a phone for a while.

What phone do you have, and what's your review on it?
LG Droid 2, love it! Although there is a Droid 3 that just came out and I am going to get that next!
Who's your carrier, and how do you like the available service?
Verizon and I love everything they have.
How big is your data plan, and what would you recommend?
Unlimited everything...expensive for 2 people but your only one so it shouldn't be too bad.
What do you use it for (email, naxja, music, work, etc)?
Email, Naxja, facebook, LATITUDE, photobucket/pictures, internet to look up places and business numbers, etc.

I love my BlackBerry, but its a turd compared to Brendas iphone4. I'll be waiting in line to get an iphone5.

iphone > android

iPhone 4 (both the woman and I)
AT&T
NAXJA, FB, email, google, you tube, games, banking, tv, movies, 50% off food deals, everything... I love my apps, I can get so much done on my phone!
I have apps for tire size vs speedo, metric vs standard, RPM vs gears, everything!

I had a blackberry for ever, never thought I would go iPhone.

Never looked back! My woman tried out a few others phones before she got her 4. They didn't last a week!

I hate apple, but as far as Phones go there's nothing worth talking about, but the iPhone. I mean come on... I can copy and past and screen shot my phone!!

And the tap to talk app host pics so I can load 10 pics on the forum by the time most of you post one from your non IPHONE!

On the iPhone, you can talk and surf the web at the same time, androids you cant do that. Not only that, but you can use multiple apps at the same time without having to close them and reopen them.

Go iPhone :thumbup:

c6e4d166-7f5e-4ea0.jpg
tap to talk VS Photobucket
cda47327.jpg

How cool is that!!

Last edited:
hteres more free apps on the android market then iphone. and i can use the interweb and talk at the same time on my phone. i think not being able to do that is a verizon only thing. besides how often do you need to do it?

can you set custom ring tones to specific people on your iphone yet?

Used to own an iPhone 3. Looked at the iPhone 4, and the Sprint HTC EVO 4G.

EVO won hands down.

2 friends bought iPhone 4's, and now they want the EVO as well.

$69.99/mo for Unlimited web, text, mms etc... and some amount of minutes that I NEVER go over.

I swear, a tablet would be better as I don't use the phone in my phone.

:dunno:

iPhone 4 (both the woman and I)
AT&T
NAXJA, FB, email, google, you tube, games, banking, tv, movies, 50% off food deals, everything... I love my apps, I can get so much done on my phone!
I have apps for tire size vs speedo, metric vs standard, RPM vs gears, everything!

I had a blackberry for ever, never thought I would go iPhone.

Never looked back! My woman tried out a few others phones before she got her 4. They didn't last a week!

I hate apple, but as far as Phones go there's nothing worth talking about, but the iPhone. I mean come on... I can copy and past and screen shot my phone!!

And the tap to talk app host pics so I can load 10 pics on the forum by the time most of you post one from your non IPHONE!

On the iPhone, you can talk and surf the web at the same time, androids you cant do that. Not only that, but you can use multiple apps at the same time without having to close them and reopen them.

Go iPhone :thumbup:

tap to talk VS Photobucket

How cool is that!!

They have tapatalk for android too. As for the uploading vs without, I uploaded my picture 7 minutes before you uploaded yours, just saying...

Also, all Verizon phones cannot do data and talk at the same time. Androids from elsewhere can.

Can you download an app to do a custom ringtone without having to use your computer? Can you have your phone give you voice directions as you drive somewhere? Can you ... I can go on. iPhone is a controlling piece of garbage. My ex is ALL about apple, laptop and desktop plus two ipods. She has a Samsung Galaxy S from Verizon.

Dustin, I'd strongly recommend looking at HTC, they seem to have the best service and care about the customer the most.

didnt i see a comersial (think it may have bene sprint) but it had a 3d android phone. think it used the same tech as the nintendo 3ds

I have a samsung galaxy s. Its a piece of shit. Doesnt hold a chatge. Drops calls with full reception. Im on my third galaxy. Those that say they hate the iphone must have jever jail broken one before. You can do much more with a jail broken iphone then any android phone on the market. Would i buy a iphone? Probably not. Dont need a phone to run my daily life. My wife loves here iphone4

the jailbrake argument is the same as a root onthe android. so much more you can do. hell people even make custom rom for phones on android. and sometimes better then the factory os.
where theres a will theres a way

I have both well the wife has the android and I have the iPhone 3GS. I could have bought the 4 when I got the 3GS but I'm waiting for the new iPhone release along with iOS 5. I hate my wife's phone! Google android has it's place but not with me. My phone will spin circles around my wife's phone but hers is a 2.1. But that may also be because she just can't easily operate he phone.

Androids are just to techie (would be perfect for Dustin) They will do just about everything but just to complicated to operate.

Just a note iPhone 3 is outdated tech and is no longer supported by apple. (someone said they switched from one to an android)

Another note iPhones don't get viruses can't be mobil hacked and are very secure for online banking and such ( This is what I was told by our IT tech at work) he also personally owns an iPhone, iPad, Mac and some sort of super apple tower that runs our whole company.

What I would do if I were you. Go get an iPhone 4 and take for the 30 day spin around the block. Then take it back and trade it for the latest greatest android and see for your self. But also remember that iOS 5 the 200 new features and the new phone is slated for release in September. I have read things about 3d, close to jail broke, flash player lite, 10mp camera, world phone capable on all networks and many other things.

Dave

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.435942,-122.291686
- I love my iPad and PC's suck the black pickle! (black pickle quote from Adam Sandler)

hteres more free apps on the android market then iphone. and i can use the interweb and talk at the same time on my phone. i think not being able to do that is a verizon only thing. besides how often do you need to do it?

can you set custom ring tones to specific people on your iphone yet?

i talk all the time and use data!

on the phone for work and reading word for ward an email or something online.

really?... custom ring tones. wasn't that an issue with the first iphone? we are talking about the IPHONE 4 here!

They have tapatalk for android too. As for the uploading vs without, I uploaded my picture 7 minutes before you uploaded yours, just saying...

Can you download an app to do a custom ringtone without having to use your computer? Can you have your phone give you voice directions as you drive somewhere? Can you ... I can go on. iPhone is a controlling piece of garbage. My ex is ALL about apple, laptop and desktop plus two ipods. She has a Samsung Galaxy S from Verizon.

Dustin, I'd strongly recommend looking at HTC, they seem to have the best service and care about the customer the most.

if you reminder, i waited for alyssa to do hers. ask go blazers

custom ring tone on the go, no. but can do at home. voice GPS yes

how about that front face camera?
its allot easier to take a pic with you in it looking at the screen.
i dont use face time cuz you can only use it with wifi, but i use the hell out of skpe! ( its the same thing but you just use your data)

Last edited:
O yea also if I remember you live in Camas? If so 4g will most likely not work there. The guy I work with got a new 4g ended up returning it because it wouldn't even work at all at our shop in Boring. After a few more phones he ended up with an iPhone.

Dave

---
- I love my iPad and PC's suck the black pickle! (black pickle quote from Adam Sandler)

I have both well the wife has the android and I have the iPhone 3GS. I could have bought the 4 when I got the 3GS but I'm waiting for the new iPhone release along with iOS 5. I hate my wife's phone! Google android has it's place but not with me. My phone will spin circles around my wife's phone but hers is a 2.1. But that may also be because she just can't easily operate he phone.

Androids are just to techie (would be perfect for Dustin) They will do just about everything but just to complicated to operate.

Just a note iPhone 3 is outdated tech and is no longer supported by apple. (someone said they switched from one to an android)

Another note iPhones don't get viruses can't be mobil hacked and are very secure for online banking and such ( This is what I was told by our IT tech at work) he also personally owns an iPhone, iPad, Mac and some sort of super apple tower that runs our whole company.

What I would do if I were you. Go get an iPhone 4 and take for the 30 day spin around the block. Then take it back and trade it for the latest greatest android and see for your self. But also remember that iOS 5 the 200 new features and the new phone is slated for release in September. I have read things about 3d, close to jail broke, flash player lite, 10mp camera, world phone capable on all networks and many other things.

Dave

---

all of our big wages have iphone4's and are cutting out ALL blackberry's

Back