• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel spacers?

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got my jeep all put together last night and i took it out and flexed it a bit and unfortunately i have some rub on the inner fender lip in the rear, it is very mild but i am considering installing some wheel spacers

i think 1/4-1/2 would stop the rubbing and give me a lot more flex. there are plenty of them on summit racings site however the Mr Gasket version say do not use on offered vehicles.... and they seem to be mostly aluminum i think i would like steel

I am running 235/85R16's on factory 16 inch wheels and i have had a hard time finding narrower wheels in general so changing to wheels with a different backspacing is not a real option.

I really like this tire and wheel combo because it fits inside the fenders....

has anyone used this type of spacer successfully?

Thats strange,I run 265/75/16's on factory rims with no rubbing.

You already know you would be better off with a different rim, but I run 1/4" spacers when I run my stock rims and street tires because on 33's a 12.5" wide tire can make contact with the leaf spring if they shift. Its just a given that it rubs at full lock.
My spacers are aluminum, no probs & made them at work...

Back