• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Dana 44 drums with 5 on 5.5 pattern

nosigma

NAXJA Member # 1371
NAXJA Member
Changing the front out to a HP F250 D44 with a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. 10 Factory shafts that are 5 on 5.5 going into the rear XJ Dana 44. I can drill out the drums to a 5 on 5.5 pattern easily but would like to know if there is a vehicle that came with a Dana 44 rear and a 5 on 5.5 pattern that has the right drum geometry to work with the XJ Dana 44 drum brakes. I dont have to replace drums often but it would be nice to skip the dual pattern drilling step.

John

Last edited:
Re: XJ Dana 44 drums with 5 on 5 pattern

I believe that the JK rubicon has a rear D44, maybe could use brakes from it and/or convert to disc?

JK rubicon has a 5x5 pattern, not a 5x5.5 pattern.

nosigma, I don't think you will find any drums that will fit like you want, I think you'll have to end up drilling them out. That was how the drums were on my XJ44 when I bought it set up in a 5x5.5 pattern, and I drilled out the rotors for 5x5.5 when I did the disk conversion. You should be able to buy rotors with the dual pattern though.

Drill the drums your self. Use the new axle as a template. the drums are centered by the axle shaft so it doesnt have to be perfect.The one you have now are reasonably priced. Any others are very expensive. And boneyard ones will be shot as well as the wrong diameter.

Is there a specific reason why you want to keep drums over converting to discs?

Back