• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Block Assembly instructions

wikun7335

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there, I know that this is going to sound stupid as hell, but I need instructions for long block assembly. I was wondering if anyone has like a .pdf, or a website that takes you through the reassembly process. My Chiltons manual was written for this, it just says reassemble the way it came off. I pulled the engine, but left the engine together and the engine builder too it down, but left it like a long block is suppose to look after rebuilding. I searched the forums, but no step by step. :confused:

I have some from the member on here named 5-90, but I cant seem to find them. Ill get back with you if/when I find them.

So is the crank installed along with the rods and pistons? Freeze plugs in?

(not trying to be a smartass) but when I assembled my 4.0L I used a chiltons manual since they have the torque specs and assembly instructions (vague pics tho)

Grimm, thanks alot for that. Although they aren't very detailed. They don't have pictures for assembling an engine, just on rebuilding the internalls. My problem is that the bottom end and top end have been mated, now the engine needs valve cover, oil pan, all accessories and brackets, distributor, yadda yadda yadda all mounted on, but I don't know how they go. Like anyone who has bought a long block and it came like what I am describing, did it come with instructions you could scan?

Also works great when you want to learn disassembly without damaging your own vehicle

x 1000 there hard patr will be to figure out what bolts to use where. most of the components are pretty self explanatory but there are a few things that will be a pita.

i had a dealer parts fiche somewhere from another forum. i will do my best to find it for you. is it ok to post it here. i dont want to get a infraction for posting copyrighted material. maybe i can pm it to you.

i had a dealer parts fiche somewhere from another forum. i will do my best to find it for you. is it ok to post it here. i dont want to get a infraction for posting copyrighted material. maybe i can pm it to you.

pm it ;) keeps NAXJA from being liable if someone were to complain.

what part of SD are you in? I can walk you thru the steps if you like. Its kind of particular.

Back