• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TNT Customs 7.5" Lift

JOB357

NAXJA Forum User
So I was thinking about going with a TNT 7.5" lift for my 98' XJ with 35x12.50's. My intentions are to eventually swap out the front Dana 30 with a 44 some time in the future and going 37x13.50's. What do you guys think about going with the 7.5" lift with the 35's? I know that I can fit 35's on a 5.5"-6.5" lift with trimming but I also was thinking about using limiting straps to prevent too much body roll and throwing off the balance with a tall lift like that. The taller lift will give me better flex overall but also my center of gravity will be higher. Just wanted a little input from others, thanks!

You would be surprised, the desrt turns into a giant mud pit when it rains out there(always seems to flood - who'da thunk)
never really wheeled vegas but i know the area well, no need to be tall

Yeah not a lot of mudding going on for me. We do trail runs and rock crawling. I was also thinking if I do go lower, the TNT 5.5 would be a good choice. I know with their design you get a ton of clearance from their bent control arms. I heard now that RE is not currently distributing parts, TNT now uses different springs and actually puts it closer to a 6" lift. I guess the upgrade in the future isn't that big of a deal if the lower lift will be better for now with 35's.

Not sure about what springs they are using, I was trying to research it but to no avail. I called them yesterday and got a machine.

limit straps wont do anything will roll stability... you'll have at least 4-5"+ of down travel before you even get close to pulling the limit straps taught. if one tire has to drop 4-5", before you start to limit it, its allready too late. limiting it earlier is counter productive, and against the whole point of lifting with parts that increase flex.

get some variable valving shocks, and give it just enough rebound valving to prevent the excessive roll.

Check out tnt's low wagon build.
5.5 on 37's.
DSC01374.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1032532

We like our T&T Customs 5.5" Y-Link Suspension with 32s, 4.56 gears, and Powertrax No-Slip Lockers. Installation of the Y-Link and "Stiffeners" was very simple (four hours). The most difficult aspect of the installation was changing the transmission mount (our fault). We forgot to replace the mount, which was in a sad state and had to install it after the Y-Link was installed. This required about forty-five minutes as I couldn't see a bloody thing due to nightfall and a flickering set of bulbs in our garage lighting system. The next morning, the result of our Sisyphean labour was installing the old mount after taking it off and the transfer case was resting on the cross-member. This led to a very annoying, spine-jarring vibration that even caused the steering wheel to oscillate. Off came the old mount and I corrected my poor visibility-induced failure by finally fastening the new mount. Now the transfer case sat four inches above the cross-member instead of trading paint with it. The nasty vibrations were gone. Life was pleasant once more. Birds sang. Bees buzzed. Cats frolicked. Neighbours sighed. Jets flew. Babies were born. Etc.

Last edited:
Back