• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with an idea I have

policejeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am doing some tube fenders to add to my bumpers and sliders BUT what do you all think ???Should I take my flares off or add the the width of my jeep and keep them? I'm thinking I need more room for tires and want to just cut the flares off but what would look better? Here is a pic of my jeep I have BF AT with liberty wheels now and the are a little bigger.
Image78.jpg

usually when i see tube fenders they either take the stock fender off completely and build in its place or hack the hell out of the stock fenders and tube around them. i cant recall ever seeing any t.f. with the stock flares on.

Greets--My '89XJ with stock 30, and 35 axles will not permit the widening of wheels, with the use of spacers, due to a few years where they have bearings with a smaller width than later years.., thusly destroying them quick-time. Don't need the extra problem, lol. I cannot ascertain the year of your XJ, nor the caliber of that rifle! (looks like a non-magnum eye relief extra long scope, though...).

I'd say remove the flares completely and replace them with the tube. Looks pretty slick that way. I don't think I've seen tube fenders with the stock ones in there somewhere also.

OP- my opinion on your question would be to remove the old flares and begin again with your built tube fenders.

I think you should build tube flares and mount rifles to em and set up a remote trigger system.

Its illegal to lean a loaded long gun against a vehicle in many states...

I got yelled at by a cop for leaning on my hood while shooting once.... Stupid law

They're all designed to outlaw "spotlighting" and similar activities, it makes enforcement REALLY easy, and I have no problem with those guys getting cited, but it puts the rest of us (I don't hunt) in a really bad position.

Sorry I have nothing constructive to add to this thread, I humbly apologize.

I will be doing the tube flares this week show you all how they work out when I'm done.

I'm running e lockers front and back with 4.56 gears a d 44 in back and a 30 with a ton of truss stuff done to it. I would like to change the 30 but no $ for that now. I broke the 35 but the 30 has been holding up for now.

As for the gun I live in Idaho and I'm disabled So I can shoot from my jeep if I want. I use my jeep so I can go places I could never get to even on a atv.

Well I got a bunch of cutting and bending done and hope to have the tubes bent for the fenders tonight.
Here is the pile of trash cut off and a picture of how the jeep sets right now tell tonight.
Picture32293.jpg

myjeeptube.jpg

Are you going to do something like this....
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1045189

No not exactly I like how they look and my will be kinda the same. Mine will be the same size tube as the bumpers and sliders. They will later be part of a exo cage when I have the time and money to finish it. I dont want them to cave in with the first tree or rock I hit with them. I want them to hold so I may add support to them to frame stifeners later.

Back