• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What engine and tranny skid do you run with long arms

you can build your own skids.
I can't say I've ever seen a mass produced engine/tranny skid for an XJ application.

the t-case you can get a belly skid from TNT, and a few others...

but as for the tranny & engine I think you'd have to make them.

With 8" of lift, are you looking for a skid to go on top the engine to protect from orbiting satellites?

Sent from tapatalk on iJunk

With 8" of lift, are you looking for a skid to go on top the engine to protect from orbiting satellites?

Sent from tapatalk on iJunk

:roflmao:............. and I guess you have no lift because there is nothing in Texas to crawl over but bull$hit.....:D

Purdy much.

In all seriousness and despite the fact that 8" is too much for any terrain imho*, I think TNT is the first thing that comes to mind for a combo crossmember/tc skid. Nothing to speak of for combo engine/trans/tc skid.

*Well, it is a fact that I believe this.

Last edited:
Purdy much.

In all seriousness and despite the fact that 8" is too much for any terrain imho, I think TNT is the first thing that comes to mind for a combo crossmember/tc skid. Nothing to speak of for combo engine/trans/tc skid.

LOL... I love the emphasis I added. I do fine with that much lift... and no t-case skid yet. Nothing has touched it so far. :greensmok

my lift has a built in Trans skid. but I dont think you need an engine skid.

and Idk how the Iron rock kit bolts on, but my guess is that it would interfere with the TnT pan.

if you really feel you need to protect the oil pan maybe you can cut up a second and weld it to the one you use. kind of make the lower section double thick.

I have the skid row one. I think the only difference with the rusty's one is they already extended the mounts to bolt up to the old UCA mounting holes.

Last edited:
I know 8 is high but this is what came on it. If I beat the springs I will drop to 6 or if I run in to some money I will put one tons and 38'' tires.

Had to cut my TnT belly pan a bit to fit around the longarm mounts, but its still plenty strong and protects a lot of stuff under there..

Jeep-OC013.jpg

Jeep-OC012.jpg

Jeep-OC011.jpg

bumping this thread

doesnt TNT sell a bellypan/tcase skid w/ LCA mounts on it...?

is that bellypan only offered with the ylink upgrade or can you get it by itself? i wanna go 4-link, but i wanna use the TNT pan w/ mounts... like in this pic.
DSC00527.jpg

couldnt you pair this bellypan with whatever long arms you wanted to run?

Yes, they will sell you the belly pan with the LCA mounts and without the y-link arms. Whether or not any other arms will fit there, other than custom ones, is up to you. Not really any place to put uppers though unless you make the mounts yourself.

Back