• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Higher Clearance transfer skid options?

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
OK so im trying to nail down wich tcase skid i will be buying and yes i have searched .. I have an 01 on 4" with an np231

I really like the tnt belly pan and the DPG rock attack skid..

between the two id probably buy Dirk's (d.p.g.) as he was great to deal with and had above and beyong great service when i ordered my lift.

But as im only at 4" with 31's (eventually 33's) Im kinda short so anything that would give me better clearance as well would be Great.. (same reason im doing rocker replacement instead of rocker rails)

so from my searching i learned that id need to replace the stock crossmember to get higher.. wich i am cool with as the one on there is pretty battered anyway..

So thinking i had found what i was looking for in a few threads i tried to find the Rock Krawler one that gives better belly clearance but cant find it on their site.. do they not make it anymore?

Any recomendations on a good skid/crossmember that improves clearance?

Only slightly higher clearance, but still definitely worth checking out:

IMG_2491.jpg

JCR Transfer Case Skid

I was very happy with my DPG skid way back when it was still the 1st revision. Had no issues, sold it awhile back and it is still be used with nothing other than a paint touchup. If I had to purchase another it would be a DPG.

Keep in mind that anything higher clearance that doesn't replace the crossmember will only result in a destroyed stock crossmember.

I had/have the DPG skid. I have no complaints, never hit on anything (well nothing more than normal) and I was on 4.5" and 30's. You can snug it up pretty close to the crossmember. I need to redrill the holes though since installing the RK arms. They lowered the crossmember enough that the skid needs to be lowered.

Back