• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

in my situation is it worth it to go from 3" to 4.5"?

ericfx1984

NAXJA Forum User
I have an RC 3" lift on my Jeep, I am running 285/75/16 tires on 16x8 (4" BS) Soft 8s, I have cut the fenders up quite a bit and they clear just fine...

I have relocated the brake lines, but the softlines are still stock

I am currently running a 1" t case drop

will be converting to JK rubicon upper and lower control arms soon enough (with new mounts) so it will be a mid arm... we did this setup for a buddy of mine and it worked SO well that I thought it will just do it on my Jeep too

If I lift it a little further I would be doing a 1.75" (true height) coil spacer and a 1.6" lift shackle

I figure I will need a SYE... I am going to get one weather I lift or not... found a nice used one locally for $60 front drive shaft for $35 at the bone yard

brake lines, guess I will have to go the cheap route

for the shocks I plan to use JK Rubicon rear shocks and just cut the axle side shock mount off and reweld it 1-2" higher and run a home made BPE

for the front shocks, I have a line on some lightly used front ones (locally) for only $15 for the pair unless you guys think JK rubicon shocks will work with BPEs and a small shock extension block

other than looking cool, what other reasons are there for me to go from 3" to 4.5"

More uptravel with less bodywork and bumpstopping.

The rear shackle may also increase your droop depending on your current set up.

Wait to do the shocks till after you lift it, so you can find the right shocks for your amount of travel.

Back